Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

% Complete of Summary bar

4 replies [Last post]
Uri Shachar
User offline. Last seen 6 years 44 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
When I have only milestones under a particular summary heading, if some of the milestones are complete the summary heading will show 0% until ALL milestones are complete, when the summary heading shows 100%.

How do I get such summary heading to show anything between 0 and 100% complete???

Replies

Paul Harris
User offline. Last seen 1 year 7 weeks ago. Offline
The summary bar roll up value of a numeric field is determined by the “Calculation for task and group summary rows” in the Tools, Customize fields form. I would suggest you should use the “Average” option in your case.

I do not think a standard bar may be created to represent this value.

You should be able to create a new bar, say using Start1 and Finish1 fields to represent the % Complete calculated in the new Numeric field by creating a formulae to make Start1 = Start and Finish1 = Duration x the new %Complete, then create a new bar to overlay the summary bar.

Give me a call to discuss if you wish, 04 1118 7701.

Paul E Harris
Eastwood Harris Pty Ltd, Melbourne, Australia
Planning and Scheduling Book Publishers, Training & Consulting
www.eh.com.au
Uri Shachar
User offline. Last seen 6 years 44 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Paul,
Thanks for your answer. Will such revised % complete for the summary bar be reflected in the progress Line?
Paul Harris
User offline. Last seen 1 year 7 weeks ago. Offline
Uri Shachar

I think you could do something with a Number Field and using the formula function in the Tools, Customize, Fields form.

Probably set the value of the Number Field to equal the Percent Complete and then make the summary equal to the average of the percent complete. It is a bit of messing around but if you keep trying there is a good chance you will get there.

Paul E Harris
Eastwood Harris Pty Ltd, Melbourne, Australia
Planning and Scheduling Book Publishers, Training & Consulting
www.eh.com.au
Sukumaran Subaram...
User offline. Last seen 8 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Malaysia
Why worry, milsetone doesn’t contribute any weightage to the overall work progress.

Regards.