Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

I'm trying to create a view where the final milestone of a summary reflects the Summary % complete

3 replies [Last post]
Stuart Mitchell
User offline. Last seen 5 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Anyone know of a formula where I can pick this up and put it in a custom field?

Replies

miles goodchild
User offline. Last seen 6 years 19 weeks ago. Offline

Have you looked at Copy / Paste Link?   One way you could do this is to :

1) Copy the % complete of the summary line you want to track

2) set up a new task which has 0d (i.e. is a mileston)

3) Edit / paste special / paste link into a custome field for that field

This will throw a warning when you open the project that it contains links - always agree to this

I would note that a milestone should always have a binary nature; it should be 0 or 100% complete; the practice of saying that a milestone is 50% complete is to misunderstand the purpose of a milestone but if you're being pushed into a corner and can't educate someone the above will work .

Regards

Miles

Philip Day
User offline. Last seen 1 year 37 weeks ago. Offline

Are you tying to create a milestone with a % completion which is the same as it's summary task, or are you trying to create / otherwise manipulate a milestone based on different % completion values from the summary task?

Phil

Tom Boyle
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

Hi Stuart,

Please completely re-phrase your question.  Your topic heading and your remarks seem to be heading in two opposite directions, so it's impossible to see what you are doing or what you want to do.