Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

% complete in summary bar

3 replies [Last post]
richu rose
User offline. Last seen 5 days 2 hours ago. Offline
Groups: None
Dear Planners,

In the attached file the actual progress (%complete) shows less progress in the summary bar than the planned % progress (i have used the formula for planned % progress)even thou the sub-task has the progress in actual & planned.

Kindly review this file & let me know where i have gone wrong.

http://rapidshare.com/files/272283186/Project1.mpp.html

Regards,
Richu

Replies

Darren Kosa
User offline. Last seen 7 years 9 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Richu,

Sorry I’ll admit first up that I haven’t reviewed your file and I don’t wish to sound condescending, but are you really going down to such granularity with your project controls, that you have to account for a 0.54% delta between your planned and actual progress?

Obviously my comments won’t help you find a solution to your problem, but sometimes wasting a day or two trying to get your formula exact isn’t really an effective use of time in the grand scheme of things.

Just a thought.

Regards,

Darren
richu rose
User offline. Last seen 5 days 2 hours ago. Offline
Rafel,

Number1 is the baseline duration in days. It should be 41 instead, i have corrected & still i get the actual progress (56.72%) less than planned progress (57.26%)in the summary bar.

Actual progress= (Actual dur/(Actual dur + Remaining dur))x100
=(35.17/(35.17+26.83))*100
=56.72%
Following is the link of the corrected file
http://rapidshare.com/files/272525538/Project1.mpp.html

Can someone review & let me know where exactly i have gone wrong.

Regards,
Richu
Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 13 hours 31 min ago. Offline
What does number1 stands for? Maybe a value is wrong or transposed, like a 14 instead of a 41?

Best regards,
Rafael