Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

The discussion should be limited to ORACLE products

9 replies [Last post]
Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 1 day 3 hours ago. Offline
Planning Planet is already a for profit site as it has a deal with Oracle to provide resources in exchange of some representation for policing the site. Obviously Oracle will interfere with the discussion and might ban comments from others against Oracle Products while allowing comments against the other products.

If Oracle has economic interest in this forum then the discussion should be limited to their products.

Does that makes Planning Planet and or Oracle liable to other vendors as they are sponsoring and controlling what is said in the forum regarding the discussion about the other software products?

Replies

Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 29 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi,

We have closed this topic so that any Oracle related discussion is held in a single place; under the Oracle Merger thread.

Hope this is OK.

PP Admin
Scarllet Pimpernel
User offline. Last seen 12 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
I’m hoping if this will become a reality, a truly die hard primavera expers can answers my queries.

I really don’t know how to prepared reports, cutoms to my needs.

At least with Oracle/Primavera experts on board PP, it will be a relief in deciphering the technically of Primavera as stated in the P6 manuals.

This will also usher a new era, for the truly professional planning engineers. It may discriminate the fly by night planners.

Thank you,
Scarlett
Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 4 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Raviraj & Vladimir:

I made my original post before reading the bigger thread on this topic started by Mike. -I’ve now commented on that thread on the points you both raise. Probably best if we just follow that one rather than splitting the discussino between 2 threads.

Cheers,

G
A D
User offline. Last seen 3 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Actually, it should be

"Primavera or Equivalent" (in terms of functionality)

Gary, any comments??
Gary,
did you notice:

Oracle have shown a truly innovative spirit in supporting us and I see the move of equal benefit to both parties, especially in view of developing an Accreditation Process for Planners and Project Controllers - knowledge of the Primavera platform is an integral part of an Accreditation Process the subject most dear to Planning Planet itself.

Best Regards,
Vladimir
Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 4 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Rafael,

I know as much as you about this but your comment:

"Obviously Oracle will interfere with the discussion and might ban comments from others against Oracle Products while allowing comments against the other products."

Seems to me a very large assumption on your part.

I read nothing in the posting to suggest Oracle would be given moderator rights to change or delete messages they do not like.

As I understand it, Oracle are merely the first corporate sponsors for Planning Planet. If Asta, Deltek, Microsoft, etc want the same benefits (whatever they might be) as Oracle, I’m sure they would be welcome to subscribe too.

Regards,

Gary
Rafael Davila
Seems like already a done deal.
Rafael Davila
Look under the Heading of this site, click the ORACLE letering in red and you will read about how Planning Planet is in commercial agreement with ORACLE.