Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Planning Planet

12 replies [Last post]
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Whats a "CONTACT" ?
The idea was to build a network of contacts between group members - made when a friend or colleague has joined the group.

So, if you know anyone in the group, go find them in the member page and then press the "Add" contact button. The next time you see the member database, you will notice that their record is now shown in a differenct colour, i.e. one of your contacts !

The idea seemed like a good mechanism for joining the group together, and I think that currently, the group has created around 100 member contacts already. Perhaps they will help later if we start to develop the "offering and finding jobs" part of the facility.

We will be developing this further. Any comments or questions ???

Replies

Forum Guest
Hi there,

Time: All posts show the server-time (its local time) somewhere burried deep in an airconditions bunker in Canada.

We are working on some big upgrades for the forum, perhaps you have noticed some areas of a faster-load time, although some are still too slow for our liking.

The "time" issue is one that is particularly frustrating. The script is almost done that should show all times in "local time" to each surfing user, hence the option to set your local time-zone in the signup page. Recently we came across a function (that still wont work) that can find out your PCs time so we are on to that one instead.

Theres not enoug hours in the day to implement all of these really good tips and suggestions - but please keep them coming. There are only two of us doing the scripting and it is often frustrating to think that we are letting you guys down. Sorry.

Regards...
Mark Lomas
User offline. Last seen 15 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
... well that posted at 00:22 and the time is now 1.22pm in Hong Kong. Im at a loss as to where in the world it is 00:22. Isnt that somewhere in the Atlantic ?
Mark Lomas
User offline. Last seen 15 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Let me check ...
Ed van der Tak
User offline. Last seen 12 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Gents,

Which time is shown in the posts when you reply? Obviously it is not European!

Approx 7 hours earlier then GMT -1?

Regards,

Ed van der Tak
The Netherlands
Ed van der Tak
User offline. Last seen 12 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Sorry,

Didnt want to create a new topic for the following questions :

When I search at the phrase "tak" (my last name), some names without the letters "tak" are also returned. How come?

Would it be interresting to be able to put more detailed info as a member to youre personal info? Small CV or line of work etc. Maybe even a photograph?

Bye,

Ed van der Tak
Aram Planning Consultants
The Netherlands
Guy Hindley
User offline. Last seen 5 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
I have come across the APE site. What does it offer over and above that offered by the excellent FORUM on Planning Planet? Does anybody know or can advise please?

Clive Holloway
User offline. Last seen 8 years 42 weeks ago. Offline
What is happening on the Planning Planet and the APE front ?
Forum Guest
Sounds like an interesting idea.

I will talk it over with the guys here.

Jake
Ali Hamouda
User offline. Last seen 7 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,

what about if you make this Idea as the MSN-Messenger,so as if any of our contacts are online you will see him online , and you can take to him directly,I mean like chating.

Is it good Idea?

Regarda
Ali
-----------------
I have emailed our techies asking them to sort out some form of APE flag and grouping.

I am back in Hong Kong in early August and will follow this up with you and the guys at that time. Hope it helps.

Good Idea !!
Paul Spice
User offline. Last seen 7 years 29 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Jimbo, Is there any way we can "flag up" or mark members of the Association of Planning Engineers, in a sort of contact group of their own? Paul Spice.
We are going to present our member network using a graphical type of chart.

One of the ideas was to present the Planniong Planet member group in the form of a logic-linked network, i.e. with the "activity nodes" being each members ID number and the "logic links or relationships" being the contacts that have been made between each member.

Anyone got any ideas?