Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

A gentle fun-poke

1 reply [Last post]
Nigel Winkley
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Groups: The GrapeVine
Allegedly a true story told to be by "one who was there"
First to set the scene...
The Dorchester Hotel is one of the best in London, the staff wear the Morning Coat style - long jacket, waistcoat, striped trousers etc. It is rather posh.

One day a Yank (this is the cartoon version of an American, Bermudan shorts, Haiwaiian shirt, sandals AND socks, you know the thing) was checking in.
The receptionist said, "I will call one of the staff to take your bags up in the lift, Sir".
"Lift?!", replied the American. "Lift? Do you mean ELEVATOR?"
"Yes, Sir", replied the receptionsist, "but in this country we call them lifts".
"*** they are elevators, we invented the *** things!"
The receptionist replied, straight faced, "Yes sir, and WE invented the language"

As I said, allegedly a true story, but I can just picture it...
(No offence intended to anyone by this gentle fun-poke)
(Moderator please remove if you find it offensive)

Replies

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 8 weeks 2 hours ago. Offline
Hi Nigel

No worries - I am sure there will be a similar response.

Have you heard about the French Army Knife?

It has a telescopic attachment with a white flag.

Best regards

Mike T.