Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Just getting started with TILOS

5 replies [Last post]
Carson Crosby
User offline. Last seen 11 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS

Im just delving into TILOS for the first time as a new planner. I emailed Tilos support for any reference materials or possibly any trainers in the vecinity of Salt Lake City Utah, but have not recieved any response.Im really  intersted in getting the ball rolling with this program as i beleive it would help us tremendously when planning our Transmission Line Projects 

-Does anybody know of any reference materials other then the "Getting Started" book from the downloads section on the website?

-Are there any  trainers here  on the west side of the US?

Replies

Peter Clarke
User offline. Last seen 11 years 4 weeks ago. Offline

Hi, I would just like to let you know about another option to TILOS and that is TimeChainage. It is a powerful time chainage and planning application which is easy to use and produces great looking time chainage charts. Planned tasks are added using start and finish locations (chainages), progress rates and predecessor logic in a speasheet style form. Actual progress can be added (on a daily basis if required) for accurate comparison with the plan. Comprehensive formatting of the chart view is possible along with zooming and filtering functions. 

Best of all, you get technical support (by email) for as long as you need.

I produced this software so I am biased, but if you would like to try it, please let me know and I can send you a demonstration version.

Lorne Duncan
User offline. Last seen 7 years 48 weeks ago. Offline

Dear Carson,

As Hubert Geier mentioned, I have been in the Salt Lake City area several times over the past year delivering TILOS training to a number of customers.   The standard practice is to provide a TILOS overview to all potential customers and we would be happy to organize this for you.  Please send me an email to discuss further.

Best regards,

Lorne Duncan

Hi there,

You can always join the TILOS Interest Group we have on PP...

And also share information and find answers by using in the groups new Discussion Facility...

We do hope this helps...

PP Team

Hubert Geier
User offline. Last seen 7 years 11 weeks ago. Offline

Training in US is offered by Linear project inc from Canada.

http://www.tilos.org/americas.html

Lorne was several times in Salt Lake City for training other customers there.

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

Hi Carson

Send an email to Richard Ormerod of Asta Development in UK. He will give you a one hour 121 webinar seminar on Tilos.

Send me a private message and I will give his address.

You should have had this before you bought Tilos - perhaps your US dealer was a bit slack.

Best regards

Mike Testro