Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Layout

6 replies [Last post]
Carlos Arana
User offline. Last seen 5 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
Good day.
In the example project "Construction Works" included in Spider Demo, the default layout includes graphs for wall framework flow, performance cash flow and cash flow.

I want to create a similiar layout for my project, but showing resource usage and production.

I’m sure this is possible but I have not found out how.

Also, I clicked Report menu, Resource Overloads Bar and it added a bar in the bottom of my Window and now I don’t know how to remove it from my view.

Please guide me!

Best Regards,
Carlos.

Replies

Carlos Arana

Thanks vladimir,
I necked my activities succcessfully.

Maybe the option to display text in different positions relative to a bar in the gant chart could be included in the "Let's challenge spider" topic, P3 can do it.

Best regards,
Carlos.

Hi Carlos,

if you want to neck Gantt Chart to show work time of any activity and assignment tick "Detailed Information" in the Levelling Options Dialog.

To select what to display in Gantt Chart select "Data on diagram" in Gantt Chart options and then the required field to be displayed. But you can show only one field at the right.

Unfortunately the pictures were not shown and I removed the reference.

Best Regards,

Vladimir

Carlos Arana

Question 1:

Is there a way to "neck" the gantt bars to show non-work periods defined by calendars?

Question 2:

How do I choose the text to be displayed beside the gantt bars?

By default, it shows the activity name but I would like to display Volume [Remaining] on the right and Volume [Actual] on the left.

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 13 hours 21 min ago. Offline
Carlos,

Recommend you save your Diagrams and Tabular Reports as Template files so you can re-use them, same for your Layouts called configurations in Spider Project. Also learn how to transfer Layouts/Configurations and Reports among job files. It is unnecessary to recreate these once you created them one time.

Best Regards,
Rafael
Carlos Arana
Thanks!
To show the diagram for any Gantt Chart line (for project, activity, project phase) right click on the line number or on the bar in the Gantt Chart.
In the poop-up menu select General Reports and Diagrams, the what do you want to show. For example select Resources, then choose what resorce to show, select what to show - work hours or quantities, then select an arrow that will move the selected resource from the left to the right window.
Select period (diagram may be shown per hour, day, week, month, etc), unselect cumulative.
On the next screen select the colors, if to show values and that’s all.
To delete any diagram from the screen right click on it and select Delete Diagram.
In Spider Project right clicking on any object you will get pop-up menu thatt shows what can be done with this object.
By the way resource workload is calculated if to press Resource Peak Workload icon in the menu bar.

Best Regards,
Vladimir