Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6 Installation

10 replies [Last post]
Ariel Malibiran
User offline. Last seen 5 years 9 weeks ago. Offline

Guys' I need some help please!

When I installed P6 on my laptop at the first time, everything were installed succesfully including the SQL 2005 server. However when the system is in the process of configuring its databases, PMDB & MMDB, it failed to configure thus making me unable to log-in to open the P6. Can anybody please advice me on how to resolve this issue?

I have unstalled P6 and the SQL 2005 server using UNSTALL in the CONTROL PANEL and tried to reinstall P6. This time I noticed that DHTML EDITING COMPONENT was installed, which was not installed in the first time I installed P6. Unfortunately same problem occured regarding the configuration of databases.

For the second time, I unstalled P6 & SQL 2005 server using UNSTALL in the CONTROL PANEL. However, in the MENU, PROGRAM LIST, SQL servers are still there although I have unstalled it in the Control Panel. For the third time I reinstalled P6 & failed to configure again. During the installtion of SQL server I noticed that it is saying that server will be upgraded only and installed 2 components only (NATIVE CLIENT & SUPPORT FILES) & DHTML EDITING COMPONENT , unlike in the first instance of intallation that it installed around 6 components for SQL server only.

For the third time, I unstalled P6 & SQL 2005 server using UNSTALL in the CONTROL PANEL. Then I installed P6v7 for the first time. The database is just upgraded. I beleive that ORACLE database should have been installed during installation and not the SQL to be just upgraded. Unfortunately, failure again.

Don't know what to do nor how to fix it. I'm in the dead end. Everytime I unstall programs, I am restarting my laptop then only I will proceed for reinstallation. 

I appreciate your most clever advice & solution in my problem.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Ariel

Replies

Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 1 week ago. Offline

Ariel

I can't open the slides. But maybe you didn't delete all old entries.

Dieter

Ariel Malibiran

Guys,

I beleive the main problem is in the SQL server installation itself. I unstalled the programs (Primavera & SQL Server 2005), deleted the folders in Program Files and in the Registry Editor as advised by of our members here. Then I reinstalled the P6 software and got the following error messages during the installation(see screenshots below). Can anyone advice how to deal/solve this problem?

Thanks

Ariel

slide3.jpg
slide2.jpg
slide1.jpg

Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 1 week ago. Offline

Hi Ariel

Sorry I'm just a user of P6, but maybe I've some helpful hints:

- If MS SQL 2005 was installed it seems to be P6.0 or a previous version of MS SQL server existed. I have some doubts if the reason for your problems is P6, it seems within the SQL server. There are some  "undocumented features" in the uninstall. You'll have to clean the registry manually from SQL-2005-entries after you uninstalled P6.

- If P7-installation finds MS SQL entries within the registry, the SQL-server will be updated - Oracle only installed after nothing was found.

- 64-bit difficulties should be solved by an extra fom Oracle.

- If your supplier doesn't worrk, maybe it will be helpful to announce to publish his name for excellent service. Sometimes then they become very fast. Times of exclusive sales for a region passed. Today they must be competitive.

Good luck!

Dieter

Mohd Anjum
User offline. Last seen 9 years 32 weeks ago. Offline

I also face the same..

So

can any one come exactly and resolve the problem instead of just diving the hand in air.

Plz dont mind its my frustatiion against P6 installation.

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 7 hours 56 min ago. Offline

Mike,

As a "permanent temporary" remedy install Virtual XP on your PC, you will need Windows 7 Professional as Home versions will not be able to implement Virtual XP.

Then within your new Virtual XP you will be able to install P6 as the hidden registry and system files that are preventing you to re-install the software will not be there. Shall work with legal and pirated versions. If you need to re-install again just delete the Virtual XP or add another definition.

You can create not only Virtual XP but additional Virtual PC's running Windows 7. For those into using pirated software the advantage is that in case of the pirated software damages your system it will be on the Virtual PC, their main PC will not be affected.

I use Virtual PC for old software for Earth Moving Quantities that cannot run on Windows 7 - 64Bit.

Best regards,

Rafael

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

Hi Rafael

I have exactly the same problem and it is not a pirated version.

The UK supplier was no help at all.

P6 is rubbish

Best regards

Mike Testro

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 7 hours 56 min ago. Offline

Installation issues should be solved by your software supplier. Call him, he will kindly guide you to the solution.

Are you all having problems with your software supplier?

Are you using pirated software?

Photobucket

Use of pirated software is not only illegal but the tricks that hackers use at times alter the registry and can make the operating system unstable.

Photobucket

In addition you will not be receiving important updates that solve Bugs, these corrections might make your schedule to make correct computations that will differ from the wrong calculated values without the update.

Rizwan Iftikhar
User offline. Last seen 10 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar

I am facing the same above problem. Any prompt response will be appriciated.

Ariel Malibiran

By the way, I am using 32bit OS & Windows 7 Ultimate...

Thanks,

Ariel

Ariel Malibiran

I am considering to reformat my laptop this time and reinstall P6...but prior to doing that, I should consider first your advices.

Thanks,

Ariel