Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

What is new in PRIMAVERA P6 Version 7?

3 replies [Last post]
Naveen Paladugu
User offline. Last seen 7 years 31 weeks ago. Offline

Dear all

I would like to have some information form you regarding changes/up-gradations in P6 version7 to its lower versions. Recently, my company PC has been installed with P6.7. So information regarding this will be extremely helpful.

Replies

Naveen Paladugu

Mr. David. Thank you  for your informative reply. Could please explain what is wrong in summary of TF values.

David Johnstone
User offline. Last seen 12 years 31 weeks ago. Offline

One of the most awaited "enhancements" is that way you can now show durations in days based on the individual task calendar.

You will first need to set-up each Calendar, and ensure you specify what a day;week;month;year represent in hours. These settings are then used to "calculate" what a "day" is when you choose to show your durations in days rather than hours.

Version 7 still has a few "flaws," one being the roll-up or summary of TF values.

Setting the height of activity bars is still done by choosing between "thick,thin,skinny" bars if you are using the Windows Client.

Ask your vendor for information on any other enhancements...

Have fun!

Naveen Paladugu

In continuation with the above subject, here, I am giving some that I have been found in P6 Version 7. Please correct me If any thing to corrected or added. And please add new points.

1) Progress line has been added. It displays progress with respect to data date in bar chart area. 

2)Re-numbering of activity Ids.

3)Planned start & Planned finish columns has been added.