Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Export / Import issues from P6 Version 7 to P6 Version 6

4 replies [Last post]
Miguel Rios
User offline. Last seen 10 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I exported a project as an .XER file from Primavera P6 version 7 and imported to a computer in which I have Primavera P6 version 6. I exported the file as a version 6 file (so that it could be read on the other computer).

When I imported the file and opened it, I lost my relationships, so when I pressed F9, everything got screwed. Do you know what happened? What step I missed or what step I did wrong?

Thanks,

Replies

Miguel Rios
User offline. Last seen 10 years 21 weeks ago. Offline

I lost the relationships when trying to import the file. The calendars and the activity codes are okay (they were imported without problems).

Anning Sofi
User offline. Last seen 5 years 37 weeks ago. Offline

My opinion is the 1) export file is corrupted. or 2) same as ronalds post, check your import settings; or 3) if you are using a server version of P6, check your IT network.

Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 5 weeks ago. Offline

The most likely problem would be with your Update Project Options.  Go to this screen in the XER import process and click on the, “Modify” button.  Under Activity Relationships, what action is selected?  It should say, “Update Existing”.  If it says, “Do Not Import” then that is your problem.  Good luck!

Vidhya Sagar G R
User offline. Last seen 10 years 47 weeks ago. Offline

Have you copied the project and exported it, or else directly exported from p6 v7 to v6?