Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Export XER from citrix environment, import XER on standalone, activity codes repetition!!

No replies
Maaz Ahsan
User offline. Last seen 11 years 50 weeks ago. Offline

Hi,

I am facing a problem in P6 which is stated as below:

I have a project with 5 individual schedules (five operating centers) linked with each other. I access these schedules in a Citrix environment. Now when I want to send this to any one (e.g. client) he will like to open these 5 schedules in a standalone P6 or a local P6 server. I faced the problem that when he imported XER files into his P6 the codes of 5 schedules were repeated 5 times (as it was the same strucutre). e.g. If the Code was "Discipline" so it was repeated 5 times with each project name as a suffix. Hence the schedules could not be organized nor any other action could be done due to different codings.

One solution I found was to make the activity codes global (but that pollutes the global lib) and import excel files for each activity with the code values which was exported from Citrix environment.

Can any one suggests a better solution?

Thanks.