Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

export & import database from p3 to excel and

4 replies [Last post]
saif ansari
User offline. Last seen 17 years 50 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
hi friends,
i am new p3 user, can anybody explain me the method of exporting the database from p3 to excel and importing back from excel to p3 step by step so that i can follow.
thanks

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 days 5 hours ago. Offline

do you mean export a project not the database

P3 uses lotus wks, wk1 or dbf file formats for importing and exporting data.

unless you have an older version of excel that can save a file as a wks wk1 or dbIV 

you can export the file and open it using openoffice but open office will not save it in wks wk1 or dbIV proper format 

as Jonathan has pointed out you can download lotus from here

https://archive.org/details/LotusSmartSuite99

one you have this installed

open P3 and open your project

select Tools

Project Utilties

select Export

select Add

give it a new number like Ex-13

on the content tab select what data you want to export activity ID, original duration  etc

on the selection tab select what you want to export (like a filter) i.e. Activity ID EQ XXXX

on the format tab in the Name box give it a file name i.e. C:\P3win\P3out\MYDATA

on the format tab in the Type box select WK1

next select Run and you wil see what you have exported

open in Lotus Smart Suite Lotus 123

select File Open and go to C:\P3win\P3out\MYDATA.WK1

Modify the data that you want changed

next select file save as then for the Save as type select Lotus 1-2-3 (WK1) 

it will ask you about saving as an earlier version select OK

go back into P3

select Tools

Project Utilties

select Import

select Add

give it a new number like Ex-12

in the Enter Path and input file box type in the folder location and the file name C:\P3win\P3out\MYDATA.WK1

Select Run

and it will show you what activities have been updated

Jonathan Goldsmith
User offline. Last seen 4 years 12 weeks ago. Offline

Wow, this is an old one. The best tool to use for importing and exporting from P3 is to use Lotus Smart Suite Version 9. You can download it from here:

https://archive.org/details/LotusSmartSuite99

I've never got importing and exporting from/to Excel to work correctly in P3. You may have to spin up a VM with Windows XP / Windows 2000 pro to get it to work, but if you're still using P3 you're probably doing that already.

I have no clue how legit that link is, it just came up in a quick google search. Download at your own risk!

Mertz Balanon
User offline. Last seen 25 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar
Thats really my concern also as I need to export my percentage and budget cost to excel and do the S-curve..How to exprt & import ..
Marcio Sampaio
User offline. Last seen 11 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
Hi ...

I can find it on P3 forum. Look for in old threads.

Regards.