Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Duration in WBS Band not reflect total Project Duration

4 replies [Last post]
Haresh Jayanth
User offline. Last seen 6 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,

I have project with 6 months duration assigned to a full working calendar (no holidays) . But in the WBS summary band the the total duration is showing 130 days...........eventhough i have assigned a full working calendar??? Why???

Kindly reply.

regards,

Haresh Jayanth

Replies

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 14 hours 23 min ago. Offline
Haresh,
Click the link below where I explained how the calendar works in P6.
Multiple calendar scheduling Post#3
muhammad anwar
User offline. Last seen 3 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Haresh

1. The Start and Finish dates of the black summary band representing the entire time the activities are working is calculated from the earliest Start date of all included activities to the
latest Finish date of all included activities.
2. The amount of available work hours between the start and finish dates of the summary band is calculated using the Global default calendar.
3. The total number of available work hours defined on the global default calendar is divided by the hours/day setting found in Admin, Admin Preferences, Time Periods to determine
the duration in days of the summary band.

regards

Haresh Jayanth
User offline. Last seen 6 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Samer,

I very well know that , the WBS summary does not has time associated with it , my question was , why doesn’t it reflects the correct duration of the project??

regards,

Haresh Jayanth
Samer Zawaydeh
User offline. Last seen 5 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Haresh,

It has to do with the View that you are using. WBS has no time associated with it.

With kind regards,

Samer