Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Progress % Complete in WBS Band

2 replies [Last post]
Haresh Jayanth
User offline. Last seen 6 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
Dear All,

I have all activities in a WBS Band with resource & cost loaded.

Eventhough if i put physical % complete for all activities, in the WBS Band , the summary of Physical % complete is not displayed. Whereas we can see Duration % complete and units % complete band on the WBS Band.

Similarly activity % complete also doesnot apper on the WBS Band, can anyone explain me please.

regards,

Haresh

Replies

Eric Milne
User offline. Last seen 12 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Physical % complete doesn’t roll up to WBS level.

The only workaround I am aware of is to set every resource cost per hour to $1

Then baseline the project.

Then display Performance % Complete on your Activities view which matches the physical % complete figures you enter but will show a rolled up figure too.

I don’t produce cost reports but as I understand to do this you will have to copy and paste data to excel and multiply remaining hours, actual hours by sell rates per resource.
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 4 days 8 hours ago. Offline
Haresh,
Activity % complete representing Duration, unit and Physical % complete what ever you set as Percent Complete Type. This has no summary band. If you need to show the total on summary band use Performance Percent complete which is representing Activity % Complete with summary.