Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6 database connection

4 replies [Last post]
Hamish King
User offline. Last seen 12 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hello,
I am new to P6 and am having trouble configuring the database. It was working fine until my cuputer crashed and when I open P6 it now asks for me to configure the database.
When I go through that process, using my log in - I get the following message:

Bad private user name or password. Check the public group ID. Database Server Error: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

I get the same error if I use the admin log in too. I have tried backing up and restoring the datatbase but to no avail.

Any help would be much appreciated as I am losing days of work here!!

Thanks!

H

Replies

Hamish King
Thanks again Arnold.

I think you are right (it was installed in a rush...)

I have the password set at installation as I can use it to get into the database administrator. My guess is something went wrong with the database when my computer crashed. I left it with the IT chap this afternoon to see what he can do but it appears I know more about the software then he, so it does not bode well.

Might have to do a total reinstall :-(
Arnold Puy
User offline. Last seen 9 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Hamish,

If I am not mistaken you installed the Oracle XE (Oracle Express Edition). Well, the passwords for these users will be the password you provide during installation.

You must remember this password because it will be used as the password for all default database users created during installation.

Regards,

Arnold

Hamish King
Wow - thanks for the immediate response.

I am given 3 database options:
ORAPMDB
ORAMMDB
Project Management_1

Using the pubuser log in gives me a different error message during configuration - "Bad public user name or password. Database Server Error: ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied;"?

Any more thoughts?

Ta!
Arnold Puy
User offline. Last seen 9 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Hamish,

Welcome to Planning Planet.

If this a stand-alone installation try to configure your database using the following:

Host Name: COMPUTER_NAME\PRIMAVERA
Database name: PMDB$PRIMAVERA
Username: pubuser
Password: pubuser
Public group ID: 1

Otherwise, there is something wrong with your MSSQL. You need to install again.

Regards,

Arnold