Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Connecting Primavera SDK database using Excel

1 reply [Last post]
Anbin Ponnith
User offline. Last seen 8 years 1 week ago. Offline
Dear All,

I tried connecting Primavera SDK Database using Excel external data.After connecting in the "query wizard" I am not able to select a particular project in the column area.

How can we filter a separate project..

With Thanks & Regards,

Anbin Ponnith

Replies

Emma Seaton
User offline. Last seen 10 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi, you need to know the Unique ID for the project. Do a query on the proj_id/proj_short_name within the PROJECT table and you should (hopefully) be able to identify which project you should filter on once you’ve connected to the data. Then using this UID you can then pull in the activities and associated data. It may help to root out the Physical Schema. This came with the on-disk documentation with P3e 4.1, and should in theory be on the P5 disk too...

Hope that’s of some help... I used this to connect to the MS SQL Database that the PMDB is using on my local machine. Haven’t been able to get onto the server version as yet.