Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Connecting to PrimaveraSDK via Open Office

6 replies [Last post]
Steve Eiden
User offline. Last seen 7 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Ive been able to access info in P3ec using PrimaveraSDK.xls, Impexp.exe, and several of the other xls utilities provided with P3ec. And I’ve read the SDK HTML manual which encourages using MS Access ADO for connection. My question is can OpenOffice be used to query the database and make real-time changes? Thanks in advance

Replies

Steve Eiden
PrimaveraSDK.xls is on the Documetation disk that comes with P3ec under the support tab

Ray Messinger
User offline. Last seen 4 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
Where did you find "PrimaveraSDK.xls".

I can’t find it.
DANG CORP
User offline. Last seen 8 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
"Is the VBA/ADO using the SDK connection the best bet for import/export? Thanks..."

from past implementation,
yes, VBA/ADO is absolutely the answers for what you needed to do.

Vu
Bernard Ertl
User offline. Last seen 9 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
I have not explored the alternatives, but the ADO interface works well enough for me. :)

Bernard Ertl
InterPlan Systems - eTaskMaker Project Planning Software
Steve Eiden
Bernard
I used to employ import/export and copy/paste from P331 into Excel - doing a variety of things from data analysis to resource loading - to make reports that weren’t possible in P331 or to re-import tagged tasks for filtering. Most only took minutes. Is the VBA/ADO using the SDK connection the best bet for import/export? Thanks...
Bernard Ertl
User offline. Last seen 9 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
You should be able to use VBA to access the ADO interface from Microsoft Office applications and make changes in "real" time. Our eTaskMaker software is exporting estimates/schedules to P3e[/c] using the ADO interface and it works fine.

Bernard Ertl
InterPlan Systems - eTaskMaker Project Planning Software