Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Connection to P5 database from MS Access via SDK

2 replies [Last post]
Suraj Thakur
User offline. Last seen 16 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi all,

I wanted to get my P5 database in MS Access via SDK. So I have installed SDK & connected from MS Access by File/Link Tables/ODBC/SDK (by providing admin as username&password).
After that databse of P5 opened up & I selected OAUSER.PROJECT.
Now using update query i updated scope level to 7 for one particular project.
Then I again went to connect to database for new table called OAUSER.TAS(that contains project activities data) but this time it gives error saying odbc call failed...

Plz help what & where I am missing something !

Regards,

Replies

K D
User offline. Last seen 15 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Hi.
I think Ahmet is right. Another connection require you setting scope again.
Or you can create an issue on Primavera’s POINT sothat Primavera’s team can help you overcome this.

Thanks
Ahmet Cetin
User offline. Last seen 9 years 1 week ago. Offline
Suraj,

You shall use always the same connection when you are working, when you are updating scope level to 7, you are updating it for this connection. If you will open it with another connection, you will lose the scope.

To be honest I used SDK only with VB and C#, never used it with Access, but main problem generally causes by scope level.

Hope this helps,

Ahmet Cetin

Visit PrimaveraTools.com
Primavera Tools, Forum, Tutorials