Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Custom Field Formula in P6

5 replies [Last post]
Antonio Teixeira
User offline. Last seen 11 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
In MS Project, i make a custom field within formula (IIf([Work]<>0;([Actual Work]/[Work])*100;0)) to show percent column (% WBS). How can i make it in P6? (show a percentage column based on budgeted unit)

Thanks, Junior.

Replies

Khaja Sharief
User offline. Last seen 10 years 8 weeks ago. Offline

In primavera you have can do it through Global Change, select the custom filed and you can assign the formula. Unlike in MS Project, here you have to run Global change every you want to have the custom field updated. i.e. when ever you  update the actual work you should also run the global change to reflect the updates into the custom field. 

mohammadreza most...
User offline. Last seen 12 years 33 weeks ago. Offline

if we use physical % not u % and we just wanna the calculate A.M formula what should we do?

Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 6 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Antonio

Sorry, your last sentence I don’t understand.

In Primavera you have many possibilities for %-complete. Study this part within the reference manual or activate the "Hint Help". There you find the formula each field is calculated.

Units %-complete is calculated the way you described.

Regards

Dieter

Antonio Teixeira
User offline. Last seen 11 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
Dieter, thanks for u reply.

Ok. this field (Units %-complete) show the Real % based on unit. However, i need show the weight of WBS. I’ve to calculate: ( budgeted unit / total budgeted unit (in MS Project i input it manually))*100.

I need to know about the activity in terms of working on the project.
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 6 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Antonio

"The percent complete of units for all labor and nonlabor resources assigned to the activity. Computed as Actual Units / At Completion Units * 100. Always in the range 0 to 100."
This was taken from the "Hint Help" for "Units %-complete. No need for a UDF.

Regards
Dieter