Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6 - resource early start vs activity early start

3 replies [Last post]
Phil Montgomery
User offline. Last seen 12 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
Is there a way to include resource early start date in the activity layout view (rather than activity early start)?

Replies

Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 6 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Phil

Resource Early Start may be different for each assignment. From Activity point of view it’s a list. Which one to be used?

I don’t know how group&sort and filtering isn’t robust for the assignment view.

That you are running a true ’resource dependent’ might be one more reason to have a closer look at this view.

Regards
Dieter
Phil Montgomery
User offline. Last seen 12 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
I publish Activity layouts in HTM format because the grouping, sorting, and filterig is more user friendly across multiple projects. I do not want to publish from assignments layouts becasue Grouping, sorting, and filtering is not as robust. I want to publish a layout that contains data elements from both activity and assignment view. Specifically, i want to include resource "remaining early start" in an activity layout, that i will publish as an HTM file. I suspect no one is running a true ’resource dependent’ schedule?
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 6 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Phil

Therefore you have the view "Assignments" - "Start" vs "Activity Start".

Regards
Dieter