Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6 - resource early start vs activity early start

3 replies [Last post]
Phil Montgomery
User offline. Last seen 7 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Is there a way to include resource early start date in the activity layout view (rather than activity early start)?

Replies

Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 1 year 34 weeks ago. Offline
Phil

Resource Early Start may be different for each assignment. From Activity point of view it’s a list. Which one to be used?

I don’t know how group&sort and filtering isn’t robust for the assignment view.

That you are running a true ’resource dependent’ might be one more reason to have a closer look at this view.

Regards
Dieter
Phil Montgomery
User offline. Last seen 7 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
I publish Activity layouts in HTM format because the grouping, sorting, and filterig is more user friendly across multiple projects. I do not want to publish from assignments layouts becasue Grouping, sorting, and filtering is not as robust. I want to publish a layout that contains data elements from both activity and assignment view. Specifically, i want to include resource "remaining early start" in an activity layout, that i will publish as an HTM file. I suspect no one is running a true ’resource dependent’ schedule?
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 1 year 34 weeks ago. Offline
Phil

Therefore you have the view "Assignments" - "Start" vs "Activity Start".

Regards
Dieter