Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Setting Resource start and finish to equal activity start and finish

3 replies [Last post]
Nathan Burman
User offline. Last seen 7 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi all,

Does anyone know a quick way of setting resource start and finish dates to match activity start and finish dates?

I've tried both global change and exporting as an excel spreadsheet but can't find the 'Activity Start' field.  I've found that column in Resource Assignments view and it gives me the dates I'd expect but I can reference it anywhere in either Global Change or Excel fields.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Nathan

Replies

Anoon Iimos
User offline. Last seen 2 years 11 weeks ago. Offline

still unclear, how about restoring your baseline?

have you levelled your resources manually or automatically? - I believe Rafael is the expert on this one.

are you using different calendars? how many?

For example: You use different calendars for activities and resources; and then you level your resources automatically, what happens? or what is the result?

Nathan Burman
User offline. Last seen 7 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

For clarification the situation is this:

In the past for various reasons the start and/or finish dates of resources assigned to activities have been modified manually so that in many cases the dates do not match the activity start and finish dates.

I am looking for a quick way to revert all assigned resources on the programme back to the original default dates which match the activity dates when the resource is assigned.

Thanks,

Nathan

Anoon Iimos
User offline. Last seen 2 years 11 weeks ago. Offline

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly, but how about using exactly the same calendars for both activities and resources?