Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Baseline labor units issue on P5

2 replies [Last post]
Yusuke Kamui
User offline. Last seen 14 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi, I’m using P5 and here is the issue:
I have a working schedule (let’s call it L1) wherein the "Budgeted labor units" is 131203 hrs.
I have a baseline schedule (let’s call it B1) wherein the "Budgeted labor units" is 130701 hrs.

Now, I assigned B1 to my L1 schedule and used it as a project baseline of L1. Looking at L1 schedule, how come my "BL Project Labor units" becomes 130581 hrs?? It should be the original budgeted labor units of B1 which is 130701 hrs, right?

The "Variance - BL Project Labor units" is showing -622 hrs, it should be (131203 - 130701) which is -502 hrs! How come?? Where does the extra 120 hrs comes from??

To double check, I then removed (or you can call it restored/separated) my baseline B1 schedule from my L1 schedule, and it really shows that the baseline schedule’s Budgeted labor units is really 130701 hrs, not 130581 hrs.

Pls help. Thanks in advance

Replies

Yusuke Kamui
User offline. Last seen 14 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Thanks David, so most probably it’s a SW bug of P5??
The update baseline does not function propperly. I raised the same resource problem with Primavera via Point over 12 months ago and was advised that it is an enhancement request.

It has not been fixed in P6.1 and support for P5 will be withdrawn Sept 2008.

Suggest that you raise an incident report via point, if there are anough people complaining about the issue perhaps they will consider addressing it. Another case of "it does not do what it says on the tin". (2 so far this month and more to come!!)