Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Tracking Module in PM5/6

4 replies [Last post]
Alexandre Faulx-B...
User offline. Last seen 1 year 50 weeks ago. Offline
Hello planners,
who could tell me about the Tracking Module? The Reference Manual only contains a very small chapter about it, and Paul Harris does not say one single word in his books (or am I blind?)
I understand that this can be usefull for managers who want to have an overview on ongoing projects? Is it correct? Is it also usefull for planners?
Thanks for your advices,
Alexandre

Replies

Robert Gabriel
User offline. Last seen 8 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
What new P6 book? Title? please
Andrew Dick
User offline. Last seen 8 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
I looked in Paul’s new P6 book and there are a couple of pages in there on it.

Andy
Andrew Dick
User offline. Last seen 8 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
Alexandre,
Having tried to use the tracking module in the past I have found it somewhat troublesome to use and as I haven’t had the time to learn it correctly, I just use the activity layout with the data displayed as I like it.

I can’t recall for sure but knowing that the ’My Primavera’ info in P5 is made up of the summarised project data I just can’t remember if this is the same in the P5 tracking module??

I’m sure someone will say either way.

From what I’ve seen of the tracking module I’d like a few days wthout distraction from thoses annoying project managers to have a play and learn it a bit more.

I’ll look in Pauls books and see if I can see anything or I can ask him this week if I catch up with him.

Andy