Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6 - Problem Allocating Resources

2 replies [Last post]
Nicholas Porter
User offline. Last seen 15 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
When I allocate a labour resource to an activity, the didtribution of the activity occurs on each Monday.

eg Activity = Formwork, dur=6d
Resource = carpenter @ 10 units/day

Total units allocated = 60 units,

However P6 only allocates 30 units on two Mondays, not 10 units per day over the 6d duration.

I have reviewed my user preferences/options and can’t find anything obvious that would cause this issue.

Any advice would be appreciated,

Thanks

Nick

Replies

Waseem Saber
User offline. Last seen 1 year 34 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Check the calender, it is possible your setting is set for 50% usage, i,e you get 30 instead of 60.....
Anoon Iimos
User offline. Last seen 2 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
have a look at your calendar (resource calendar or activity calendar) and working hours; holidays; non-working hours