Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Problem in material resource budgeted units after importing xer file

5 replies [Last post]
Yaser A. Al-Bustanji
User offline. Last seen 1 year 7 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Everyone, 

i just imported a xer file, i discovered that durations & budget units of material resources are set to zero, any advice ?

unit price is not zero and calculate cost from units is checked

Best regards,

Replies

MK TSE
User offline. Last seen 3 years 42 weeks ago. Offline

What setting (resource and cost related fields) is selected on Import template?

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 days 19 hours ago. Offline

also check your duration type make sure it is set to fixed duration & units/time for each activity 

Kari Lucas
User offline. Last seen 3 years 30 weeks ago. Offline

I'm having the same issue. Version 17.2 is exporting to 15.1. I have 15.2 and when I import the .xer. Some, but not all, of the budgeted units become zero.

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 days 19 hours ago. Offline

uncheck calculate costs from units 

Casey F
User offline. Last seen 1 year 33 weeks ago. Offline
I am having the same issue. I loose the budget units when importing, but not consistently. About a quarter of the resources maintain their budgeted units. I am running 17.8 exporting as 8.2 per customer requirements.