Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Floats and Auto Level,,Please Urgent reply

8 replies [Last post]
Minhas Shaikh
User offline. Last seen 13 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,
Anybody knows about resource leveling?
I have a schedule in I have assigned resources as a non labour . I have assigned quantities . Budget and actuals as well. I have to level those resources thereofore after leveling schedule changes all finsh and start dates but it doesn’t changes total and free floats.
I haven’t done resource levelling before.
Am I assigning wrong ’ativity type’, or ’resource units’ or ’constrants’ or ’float calculation’?
Can anybody solve my problem. Quick reply would be highly appreciated.

Replies

Naveen Paladugu
User offline. Last seen 7 years 31 weeks ago. Offline

_ve float explains delay of project i.e -6d float means project is 6 days behind schedule..You can get -ve float values in P6. Go to columns---->Durations----->Total float

shahajahan azeez
User offline. Last seen 13 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dear All,

Any body help me regarding the -ve Float

After Updating the Program in P6,we have number of -ve floats, how to check the certain value of -ve Float    (For example  -33d Float) ???  

How to filter the -33d float in P6

Regards

Shahajahan

Minhas,
Primavera does not level non labor resources.
Regards,
Vladimir
Minhas Shaikh
Thank you Rodel.
I have assigned about 5000 per week from Jan to December 2007, after that 7000 per week . That’s working and graphs is almost fine and dates are also fine. But I am not getting float . Folat valus are same as before leveling .
If dates are changing then float should be changed.

Thannks

Minhas
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 10 hours 13 min ago. Offline
Minhas,

Check your maximum allocation. It may not enough to cover your resource requirement. This will still show delay on other activities. Also check other resources if has been leveled for those activities that not affected. You can do this separately or per resource and check the difference.

Hope this help,
Rodel
Minhas Shaikh
Dear Rodel,
Thanks for reply.
I have leveled and prioritised everything is calculates but only float is not calculating properly. Only it works on half of the schedule.
Please reply...
Minhas
Rodel Marasigan
Minhas,

You have to select the resource to level first and add leveling priorities of which activities should level first when conflict accours. Make sure that you also set the maximum quantities of resource available as a boundary for your resource leveling.

Hope this help,
Rodel
Rodel Marasigan
Minhas,

Check your critical path and critical activities. Try to compute manually using forward pass (LS-ES) or backward pass (LF-EF) if you will have same result. You might have same float because critical path still the same.

Hope this help,
Rodel