Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

network installation of Primavera P5

3 replies [Last post]
selvakumar thanda...
User offline. Last seen 16 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi all, i am newbie to the site and work actually in the IT dept as IT administrator.
we just bought the new version of Primavera P5. i am trying to do the installation and it wouldnt connect to the database.(i have absolutly no idea on neither working with Primavera nor installing it previously in a network)

i will give a brief about the systems
Server :
hardware - HP dl380 G4
software -windows 2003 enterprise edition with sp2 installed.
database - Microsoft sql server 2005 with service pack 1 installed.

client:
hardware - lenova M55 model
software - windows xp with service pack 2 + uptodate patches installed

the error i was getting is after the client installation, while i am trying to connect the database, it couldnt connect to either PMDB or MMDB and it gives an error as Bad Privuser or password , check the group id(i tried connecting with privuser /privuser and pubuser/pubuser id’s ) and the error is consistent accross the user id’s. but from the same client i can connect to the PMDB / MMDB using the above privuser/privuser and pubuser/pubuser id’s through ODBC32 connectivity.
any help in this regard would be much appreciated.

thanks in advance for everybody’s time.

regards
SK.

Replies

Khuong Do
User offline. Last seen 16 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
Hi sevakumar!
You can find the answer in following article
http://kpms.com.vn/forum/index.php?topic=18.0

Thanks
Khuong
Arthur Godbeer
User offline. Last seen 14 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
SK, for this and any other installation questions, simply call your supplier, presumably CMCS. Not only do they have the expertise, but you’ve already paid for 12 months of support from the time of purchase.
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 1 week ago. Offline
Hi Selvakumar

I’m not 100% sure about the answer.
As far as I know, P5 and SQL-Server 2005 don’t cooperate in native mode. In SQL-Server there is a parameter setting (MODE?) that you can run Server2005 in server2000-mode. Then it should work.

Good luck!

Dieter