Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Installing P3 Enterprise

6 replies [Last post]
George Bolton
User offline. Last seen 18 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi, I tried to install Primavera Enterprise 4.0 and Primavera E&C 4.0 on my computer, but I’ve had problems. It asked me to select a connection to a database (Oracle, SQL Server and other). The thing is that I didn’t have these problems when installing P3 3.0 or 3.1 version. Isn’t P3e or P3e/c a software that you can install on your PC? Does it only work with server-based databases, such as Oracle, SQL Server and so on? One more question: Can you have both P3 3.1 and P3e or P3e/c versions together on the same computer? THANK YOU VERY MUCH IN ADVANCE.

Replies

Bill McMichael
User offline. Last seen 12 years 16 weeks ago. Offline
George,

Interbase is installed as part of the "stand-alone" installation option in versions 4.1 or lower. In version 5.0, MSDE is the standalone database installed. Interbase is not a separate install. Just follow the setup wizard, it will install the client applications , install the database, and configure it.

Regards,
Bill
George Bolton
I didn’t know Interbase is in the disk, do you install it separately or is it supposed to be installed together when you do all the installation process? Again, tahnk you very mucho for your help.
Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Actually, the logon ID and password for Interbase is "privuser". Good luck!
Mario Sanvitale
User offline. Last seen 12 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
To use the basic system it’s probably admin as a password as well.

You should change the password once you have logged in of course!
Christian Adrian ...
User offline. Last seen 4 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Hello George

When installing P3ec v4 as standalone you should select interbase as its database (your cd should have it)...
about P3 3.1 with P3ec, both can be installed in the same computer at the same time (you could also run them both at the same time)

Hope this answer your question...

Kind regards

Christian
George Bolton
Thanks for your answer. Actually, I could install them (P3e and P3ec) selecting INTERBASE (something like that). I did the installation on a computer running on a LAN network. Now, when I launch the Project Manager, it (either P3e or P3ec) is asking me a Password (Login Name is ’admin’), and therefore I CAN’T start working with any of these versions of Primavera. What is this password if I don’t remember registering any of these information (the login and password)? Once again, thanks for your help.