Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

How to Create a New Database in P5?

8 replies [Last post]
Brennan Westworth
User offline. Last seen 6 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi All,

I am looking at implementing P3e/c for the engineering company i work for.

I recently installed an "evaluation" version of P3e/c, during the install I selected the option to create a database with sample data just to refresh my memory on how to set up the enterprise/project environments (I last used P3e/c about three years ago)

I now want to create a new database and set it up as I would for my company, using our EPS, current projects, resource pool etc but I cannot find any instructions in the documentation that came with the software.

Can anyone here give me some pointers or direct me on how to create a new empty database?

Cheers,
Brennan

Replies

Brennan Westworth
Thanks Arthur
Arthur Godbeer
User offline. Last seen 14 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
From CD1 select install other tools/server databases/create a new Primavera database. Deselect the default option to include sample project data. On the next screen select the project database option. On the next, the option to create d/b and load app data. (And load the licence file.)

Two screens later, just change the default PMDB name, and the data file and log file field addresses will change automatically. Now you’re on a roll.
Brennan Westworth
I would like to keep the sample database too for reference... I have the admin guide on the install CD... Ill look through that.

Thanks guys!
Alex Wong
User offline. Last seen 11 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Brennan

Use the demo installation disk again it give you the options of just set up the database.

HTH

If you need more help, you know how to contact me...

Alex
Kevin Button
User offline. Last seen 2 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
If you want to start from scratch, the instructions are in the adminguide.pdf file on the documentation CD. Unfortunately I can’t email it to you because it is too big (about 8.5Mb).

If you have to keep the existing database, once your EPS and projects are removed, just go through each item on the Enterprise menu and remove anything you don’t want. This should be quicker than creating a new database anyway.
Brennan Westworth
yeah, I am after a clean start
Kevin Button
User offline. Last seen 2 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Deleting the EPS is a start, but that will not remove global data such as Resources, Activity Codes, Filters, Layouts, Reports, Calendars and probably a few other things.

Karim Mounir
User offline. Last seen 9 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,

U can open the database that contains the sampled data u have created then delete all the data that u put in there (by deleting the main EPS).

After that u can put your company data into that database.

Regards.