Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

S-Curves in Primavera

16 replies [Last post]
ersin namli
User offline. Last seen 11 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi, How can I draw S-Curves (cumulative Cost and Cumulative Work)in Primavera, can I send data to excell like in MS Project. Thanks for answers

Replies

Gareth Wheeler
User offline. Last seen 7 years 50 weeks ago. Offline

Hey

SAIDA NJIM
User offline. Last seen 7 years 49 weeks ago. Offline

Hi

Please can you send me the spreadsheet

my mail is fcs.btp@topnet.tn

Best regards

SAIDA NJIM

Hi

Best regards

SAIDA NJIM

Hi

Best regards

cenk vardar
User offline. Last seen 13 years 18 weeks ago. Offline

Thanks Waseem,

But what I want is to timely display or graph percent completions not for individual activities or resources only...but as a whole project...like 10%-1stMonth,15%-2ndmonth, 40%-3rdmonth.....etc... just this simple info I am exploring to display...And I start to think that this is impossible in P6 without additional calcs. and integration with other software such as excel. right? I wish a lot to be wrong and that someone show it to me.

Waseem Saber
User offline. Last seen 1 year 33 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Cenk,

did you added the resource for the cost, if yes, click on the Resource Usage Profile, select the resource for the cost and it should display the required profile, you will need to do some modification on Res/Role Usage Profile options, select the At completion Cost and under Show select the Total Cumulative Curve........

hope this helps and am sure there are so many threads on this topic, advice to go through and it should help.

Cheers!

Waseem Saber

cenk vardar

-

cenk vardar

Hi friends,

How can I display planned period percent of completions for whole project in a spreadsheet form and as an s-curve?

I would appreciate your guidance.. But I kindly ask you to be precise when guiding..

my email is: prjmngr<at>mail.ru

thanks in advance

cenk

JW Groeneweg
User offline. Last seen 8 years 5 weeks ago. Offline

Hi,

I am interested in your excel sheet.

I will send you a pm.

regards

JW

Alfian Mohamad
User offline. Last seen 11 years 17 weeks ago. Offline

Hi D Artagnan,

Came across with your posting in the Planning Planet wrt Excel connecting to P6 database to generate s-curve and cash flows.

I'm interested with it and wish if you could kindly email to "amo007@streamyx.com".

Thanks & Cheers;

Alfian Mohamad
User offline. Last seen 11 years 17 weeks ago. Offline

Hi D Artagnan,

Came across with your posting in the Planning Planet wrt Excel connecting to P6 database to generate s-curve and cash flows.

I'm interested with it and wish if you could kindly email to "amo007@streamyx.com".

Thanks & Cheers;

Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 4 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
Athar,

Please request this by sending D Artagnan a PM (private message), rather than giving out your email. We discourage people distributing email addresses here, as there are spammers and scammers who have used this site in the past.

To send a pm, click on the blue envelope next to D Artagnan’s name below.

Cheers,

Gary
Athar Hashmi
User offline. Last seen 3 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
Dear
Please send me that excel program for S-Curve
*email removed by Gary W*

regards
D Artagnan
User offline. Last seen 2 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
i designed an excel sheet that connects p6 database to access to generate s-curve and cash flow. if interested you can send me pm.
Marcio Sampaio
User offline. Last seen 11 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
Hello Ersin;

If u are not going to assign resources on your schedule, u can do this:

Create a fictitious resource (eg: S-Curve);
Stipulate weights for all activities (using excel);
Assign resource S-Curve in all activities using weight for budget unit;
eg: Stipulate 1.000.000 as 100% of your project, so u it eliminates the use of much decimal (eg: 0,000003 budget);

If u assign only this resource, u can create a S-Curve direct from Primavera. If u asign any other resource, go to Assignments, create a lay-out showing Cum Budget and Cum Actual and use a filter "resource is equal to S-Curve". Than, copy and paste in excel and create a curve;

Hope it helps;

Regards.

said tahoon
User offline. Last seen 16 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
You can make S-Curves in Primavera in Units or cost by adding all resources and cost to the activities and you can see this S-Curves in Primavera by display activity usage profile from tool bar . also you can see earned value curve and S-Curves also from tracking layout.
ENG. Said tahoon