Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Schedule Percent Complete will not ’roll up’

7 replies [Last post]
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I have created a dummy schedule, created a baseline, then slipped the current schedule so the first 2 activities are past their baseline S & F dates, the Schedule percent complete shows 100% for both activities ( as this is saying they should of been completed w.r.t the baseline), but the percentages WILL NOT ROLL UP to Project level or whne group and sorted by grand total.......any ideas folks ?

Replies

SH Chui
User offline. Last seen 6 years 3 weeks ago. Offline

You must assign a baseline loaded with the same resource in order for the WBS summary to roll up the activities schedule % value.

Henk van der Heide
User offline. Last seen 6 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
Hello,
Another solution is to make a global change that sets your actuals equal to the earned value. This can only be used if you’re not using actuals for cost tracking.
Example if your % complete is 10% and you’ve a budget of 100 hr’s the actuals will be 0.10*100 = 10 Hours you also should set your remaining hours on budget-actuals so your hours at completion equals your budget. If you have a variance your percentage complete will change.

Henk van der Heide
User offline. Last seen 6 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
Hello,
Another solution is to make a global change that sets your actuals equal to the earned value. This can only be used if you’re not using actuals for cost tracking.
Example if your % complete is 10% and you’ve a budget of 100 hr’s the actuals will be 0.10*100 = 10 Hours you also should set your remaining hours on budget-actuals so your hours at completion equals your budget. If you have a variance your percentage complete will change.

X Planner
User offline. Last seen 8 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
thanx alex..that is very kind from u

but what is ur email i might want to look at this presentation....

thanx very much again

Alex Wong
User offline. Last seen 11 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
I actually wrote a paper to my planners when they raise this issue.

To keep it short, if I have two activity
Activity 1 Budget $100 10hrs 30% complete actual $0
Activity 2 Budget $10 100hrs 100% complete actual$1

What the roll up will be
the answer will be 10/110 9%
Why ... simple, under the P3e physical % basic rules you cannot earn any physical value unless you spend $ on the activity as a result, the physical value earned in activity 1 = 0 therefore the summary shows % as 9% instead of 37%.

But there is a catch, P3e will show EV for the summary as 40 and that will confuse a lot of user especially when you try to roll up you % without entreing actual $ to the activity.

A way to overcome this is to run a global change to assign $0.1 to all activities. If you want to know a bit more send me an e-mail I can send the presentation that will help you to understand what is the logic behind it.
X Planner
User offline. Last seen 8 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
i donno ...it happend here too and this is driving me crazy

it’s almost the update time of the month.....

i also lost all the percent completion when importing the file ....

anyone tell me what is this enterprise for godsake

i need help...!!
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,

I also have this problem, it’s really annoying when you want to roll up groups of activites for high level reports.

Can anybody help?

Many thanks

Steve