Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P3 Progress Import - Actual Finish Dates

3 replies [Last post]
John Power
User offline. Last seen 7 years 46 weeks ago. Offline

Hi All

I am importing progress data and am finding the Actual finish dates are not importing.

The steps follwed are below.

Export Activity ID, Activity Description, Actual Start, Actual Finish, Remaining Duration & Percent Complete using a .DBF file. Populating the relevant columns and import the data.

The data date is Dec '08 on the schedule i want to update with June '09 progress, when i import the data only Actual Finish Dates prior to the Dec '08 data dat get updated, anything else does not. Actual Starts are fine.

Even when i re-schedule the to June '09 and re import the data nothing updates after December '08.

Has anyone come across this before?

Thanks in advance

Replies

Ferdinand U.
User offline. Last seen 6 years 34 weeks ago. Offline

Try to re-export again to dbf, but with filter AF equals (blank) and Percent complete equals 100 to dbf

then put the date at AF column and import back to p3

this should work now

D Artagnan
User offline. Last seen 2 years 7 weeks ago. Offline

Please check if you have also updated the %complete. If it's still zero (0) then the dates will not really be actualized.

John Power
User offline. Last seen 7 years 46 weeks ago. Offline

Ignore the commnt about Actual Finish dates Correctly importing prior to the December '08 data, these were alreadin input manually.