Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Project After Suspension

17 replies [Last post]
Pranab Kumar Deb
User offline. Last seen 2 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Dear sirs,
We have a project 20,000 M2 Built Up area aproximately consisting of a basement and main floor , now the project was started in September 2005 and was due to be completed by September 2007 , Now due to soem reasons outwit our control the project was suspended in september 2006 for a period of 5 months , we are resuming the project from February 2007 please advice how this period can be best shown in P3.
Regards
Pranab

Replies

Pranab Kumar Deb
Dear Sir,
i Hope to make it thanks for the support , it really feels great when u spend some time with peoples of same profession they understand exactly what u are speaking about .
regards
deb
Charleston-Joseph...
User offline. Last seen 2 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Deb,

That settle it, your love for the challenge.

Go for it with all your heart, with all your love for planning, contract administration, procurement.

Believe me, it is very seldom this kind of opportunity will come into your life. You can always look back someday and say "I DID IT MY WAY" same as the popular song "My Way".

Cheers,

Charlie
Pranab Kumar Deb
Dear Sirs,
Thanks for all the supportive words i love the challenge .
regards
deb
David Moses
User offline. Last seen 11 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
Hi there,

I did not mean, dont take the challenge.

But, think twice!

Of course every project improves experience, adds new value to your professional belongings.There is no objection for this.

But while you are working within such a challenging project, dont forget to sum enough money for the rest of your life.

Otherwise you will be experienced but without money.

Think twice Deb think twice,

Regards
Charleston-Joseph...
David, Deb

Go for it, take the challenge. The money may not be worth it, but the experience and confidence will take you around the world.

And if you will have the proper attitude, believe me the universe will be yours for you to go for an adventures, meeting different people, getting fat check.

Go deb go,

Cheers,

charlie
David Moses
User offline. Last seen 11 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
Hi there,

Of course take the challenge.

But if it is worth to? I mean if you are being paid accordingly.

Best Regards
Charleston-Joseph...
Pranab,

Take the challenge. It is very seldom that you will encounter this kind of work ambiance.

Believe me, you may be hard pressed to arrive at a solution to the situation you are in, but, you will emerge a stronger planner with regards to planning, contract administration, costing.

Cheers,

Charlie
Pranab Kumar Deb
Dear Sir,
ya its tough add to this we have a roofing system according to canadian systems which the local authorities ( following russian codes ) are not willing to accept , and this whole activity ( steel structure roofing + cladding ) is a highly critical activity.
regards
deb
Brennan Westworth
User offline. Last seen 7 years 1 day ago. Offline
it sounds like your client is quite unreasonable, looks like you are going to be in for a challenging project.
Pranab Kumar Deb
Dear Mr. Charleston ,
Ya EOT is already an issue as we demobilized after the suspension , also all procurement activity were cancelled ( As it was illegal to work for us in this period due to a local court order ) now we have to completely restructure the procurement (which is a big problem here ) now the client while accepting a EOT equal to the suspension period is not accepting the EOT due to restructuring the Procurementa and the Remobilization period. There are other issues like subcontractors asking exhorbitant increase in prices. So i am also looking to Value engineering for materials which were initially to be outsourced from Europe with that from UAE.
regards
deb
Charleston-Joseph...
Hi,

Me too, i always thought it was Mr. All the time I was wrong with regards to Miss Dana.

Anyway, Pranab, just suspend the schedule equal to the numbers of months it was suspended.

There was a lot of precedence that you will get the required EOT.

However, but, however, sometimes / maybe the number of months may depends on what the top brass of your company will agree with your client’s top brass. so the final EOT will depend on your boss instructions.

Cheers,

Pranab Kumar Deb
hello miss dana ,
thanks for the correction actually one of my colleagues who is a jordanian and a good friend already told me that this is Miss dana
regards
deb
mimoune djouallah
User offline. Last seen 4 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
Dana to be honest even for an arab your name is confusing ;)
Dana Qandah
User offline. Last seen 14 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
u are most welcome

regards,

Miss Dana (not Mr.) :)
Pranab Kumar Deb
Dear Mr. Dana & Mr. Victor,
Thanks for the options u have given me i will try both ways and let u know the results
regards
pranab
Dana Qandah
User offline. Last seen 14 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
If all the activities are suspended just reflect it in the main calendar by nonworking days, if the suspension is only in limited activities, create a new calendar and link the infected activities with this calendar.

Hope this will work with u

Dana

Victor A
User offline. Last seen 7 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
Put new activity in the beginning of your project - Start - September 2007, Finish - February 2007. Activity Description - Delay. Reason is ....