Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Calculating % Complete, OD & RD

3 replies [Last post]
mark armstrong
User offline. Last seen 16 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi
I’ve set up a schedule to mark progress on a contract tender period. I have set up the activity code dictionary (different contracts types)and this is used as my heading.I have 5 activities starting from prepare tender docs as number 1 and award contract as number 5, and all the steps in between. The first 4 activities are tasks and the last being a finish milestone all with fs relationships. I have allocated these activities with there correct activity code value. I have set the schedule date as todays date. the problems i’m running into is that i can’t seem to calculate the % Complete, OD & RD correctly. the first activity has an actual start date but the remaining activities follow sequentially. if i enter a duration for an activity that has already started to finish on the correct date it is not the correct duration between the two dates. i have set up the calendar as a 7 day work week.
If any one had any advice it would be much appreciated.

Replies

mark armstrong
User offline. Last seen 16 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi guys cheers for the advice. i did have my data data set as the current date, the problem being was i wasn’t updating progress correctly. for activities that have started i now put an expected finish constraint on and this then calculates my % complete. This then calculated my rd as long as the od is correct.
thanks again it’s all a learning curve...
Alex Wong
User offline. Last seen 11 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Mark

Have you move your datadate??

Alex
Umerfarook Deshmukh
User offline. Last seen 14 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
Mark,

My understanding about your query is that if you have Kept auto cost rulle ON so that percentage progress can be linked to remaining duration, than the remaining duration will be calculated based on percentage completion and vice versa.In such case ur RD will be based on actual duration required as your activity is already started.

I hope my understanding is correct.As I am now at such location, where I am not having Primavera on my system for time being, I have not validated my reply, so if anybody have better solution please provide, which will be appreciated.

Regards

Umerfarook Deshmukh