Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

How to Change WBS Sequence

4 replies [Last post]
Kelly Randolph
User offline. Last seen 17 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
I have imported a project from Primavera 5.0 into P3 and the WBS got out of sequence. How Can I restore to the original WBS order?

Thanks,
Kelly

Replies

Alex Wong
User offline. Last seen 11 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Kelly

ANother dump way of doing it is export the WBS number
Delete the items that is out of sequencey
Add back the WBS item to the correct location
and Import back the WBS assignment

HTH

Alex
Kelly Randolph
User offline. Last seen 17 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
I guess I should have thought about it a little more but I should be able to create activity codes that mirror the WBS and then use the group/sort by function to get the order I want. Yes or NO?

Kelly
David Kelly
User offline. Last seen 1 year 39 weeks ago. Offline
OOPS, that was the way you do it when you move from P3 to P5. There is NO way to change the sequence of the P3 WBS, other than the ASCII collating sequence (e.g. alphabetical order)
David Kelly
User offline. Last seen 1 year 39 weeks ago. Offline
Use the "indent/outdent" buttons on the extreme right of the WBS screen. Any WBS sorted output foillows the sequence of the WBS that you create in the WBS screen