Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Logic?

4 replies [Last post]
Paul Spice
User offline. Last seen 3 years 50 weeks ago. Offline
Is there a way in P3 to have a task scheduled by saying, "Start date of this task is finish-start to when the first two of the following five tasks have been completed?"

This is required for production logic when step two of a process requires two batches of intermediate product from 5 batch plants. The 5 batch plants are independent, so the second process can start when any two are complete.

Replies

Paul Spice
Dear James,
Thats what Im doing now, physically checking the pred start dates and linking the succs manually to the first two.
I think thats the only way, thanks,
Paul.
Hi Paul,

I seem to remember having asked P3 about this one a while back. They had no real answer that could solve the problem, other than by some means of regular "physical" checking of the network, and by adding a logic link at the appropriate time.

Sorry, its not the answer your looking for.

Regards...James
Paul Spice
Hi Ali,

That is a good idea, but will only work when two activities are 100% complete. How do I link them for forecasting, which means when the first two are scheduled to be completed, the "A" can proceed?

If B,C,D, or E early starts change due to updatiing how can "A" link itself to the first two of them in early start sequence?
Ali Hamouda
User offline. Last seen 4 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi,

As I understand , you have a Conditioned Link.

Suppose activities B,C,D,E,F two of them need to be linked to activity A Just when any two of them has been completed.

To translate the upmentioned statement into Logic fomula:

1-First of all export your program to excel format.the format should have at least the fields"ID,percent progres,Predecessor"

2-in the field of the predecessor you will write for each of the five activities the fomula with if statment"IF %Progress=100 Predecessor=FS".

3-you will need to know how to link Exel files to Primavera.othrewise you will import the file back again to P3 each time you update your progress.