Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Any/All of the following filter setting logic?

3 replies [Last post]
zahid shaikh
User offline. Last seen 5 years 3 weeks ago. Offline

Im having this Any/All of the follwing filter problem in P6 v8.3   (Marked in Black) that is why i have to make multiple filter and play around by clicking all of Any/All Filter setting (Marked in Red)

Why is that a probmlem? is there a logic behind it ?

capture-98.png

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 days 7 hours ago. Offline
Groups: None

glad i could help 

zahid shaikh
User offline. Last seen 5 years 3 weeks ago. Offline

Thanks Zoltan you Cleared my Doubt. I completely undetstand now. Earlier I was not getting the Logic of When to select Any/all setting.

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 days 7 hours ago. Offline
Groups: None

I do not know what you are filtering for but the any and the all filter setting is there so that you can use multiple filters and then choose how strick that you want filters to work.

Filters are used to display a particular set of activites to view. One filter or Several Filters can be used together to match the criteria for the activities to display in the schedule.  

Use All selected filters when more than one filter is selected, choose to indicate that activities must meet all selection criteria in each filter.

Use Any selected filter:  When more than one filter is selected, choose to indicate that activities must meet only one selection criteria in each filter. 

The All selection is the strictist which means that ALL of the criterial in the filters selected MUST be met for the data to be displayed.

The Any selection means that any of the criteria for any of the filters select would be displayed.