Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

How can i sheft the quantities of budgeted labor unit into the column of default units/time?

3 replies [Last post]
Hello planners, I am facing a problem in the project baseline. I received a baseline of 5,000 activities, where the resources are loaded wrong. The old planner placed the default units/time quantities in the column of budgeted labor units my mistake. Can someone guide me or help me in shifting them from the column of budgeted labor units to default units/time? I tried to copy the program, and maintain it then assigning it. But when i go to the global changes, there is no column named as BL1 budgeted labor units. Help me please.

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

either change the defaults units to 8 or delete the resources and add a new resource with 8 as the default units/time 

I did this, but the problem is that when i put in the global changes : let default unit/time= budgeted labor units * 1, it will generate it twice because when the default unit/time is now the budgeted unit i need, the budgeted unit will change and then the default unit/time will change automaticly again. Thats the problem i am facing when i do this method. Is there another way? Or i am doing it wrong?
Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

all you need to do is to unmaintain it and unassign it and restore the baseline 

then run the global change you want to select the budgeted labor units make sure up top under select subject area that it say 

ACTIVITY RESOURCE ASSIGNMENTS then the budgeted labor units will be available.