Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

In P6: Can only one Resource Type (e.g., Labor and NOT Nonlabor) update the entire Units % complete?

1 reply [Last post]
moe barkouky
User offline. Last seen 13 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi All,

I want the actual units of a certain (Labor) Type resource and not the actual units of the combination of resources allocated to the activities to update the UNITS % COMPLETE .  e.g.,  for a given task, i have two types of resources allocated to it, one of type LABOR and the other of the type NONLABOR..my question : can the UNITS % COMPLETE be only updated based on the quantities of the LABOR type only resource?

Thanks a bunch

Moe

Replies

Khaja Sharief
User offline. Last seen 10 years 8 weeks ago. Offline

P6 considers only labour & non labour units for deriving units % complete and will not consider material units for calculating percentage complete.

The calculation of Activity % Complete = Units % Complete = (Actual Labor Units + Actual Nonlabor Units) ¸ (Actual Labor Units + Actual Nonlabor Units +Remaining Labor Units + Remaining Nonlabor Units).

If multiple resources have been assigned to the activity it would be sum of all labor and nonlabor units.