Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

reschedule and Problem with Previouse base line

6 replies [Last post]
Ali Haghjou
User offline. Last seen 9 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi

i want to describe my situation and have your idea if you where as me!!
recently i have rescheduled (replanning) project schedule and project duration is extended 8 months.the baseline duration was 16 months and now is 24 month. my problem is the owner request to change the previouse plan!!!

he asked me to change all percent complete to zero so he could calculate new percent complate plan for previouse months!!

and now i want to ask you professional guys!! is this request based on an academic basis!! is it the rule!! do you ever cgange your passed plan when you rescheduled your project!! i have worked 15 years in Project control and the procedure was this:

for example, know our project has 50% progress, the i will reschedule the project and make new base line from rescheduled project!

but how can i exlain this when owner couldnt understand!!! ist there any text that i can reference him to that???

please help me...

Replies

endralie halog
User offline. Last seen 8 years 36 weeks ago. Offline

Hi,

Maybe the owner wants you to reschedule only what is left, or the remaining works, that is the only reason why i think he wants to make your progress to 0%.

Endralie G. Halog

endralie halog
User offline. Last seen 8 years 36 weeks ago. Offline

Hi,

Maybe the owner wants you to reschedule only what is left, or the remaining works, that is the only reason why i think he wants to make your progress to 0%.

Endralie G. Halog

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

chnaging ALL percent completes to zero will not only change the previous months planned percent cmplete it will change all of the previous progress to zero thus giving you a baseline (this is if you also remove the actual start and or finish dates).

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

chnaging ALL percent completes to zero will not only change the previous months planned percent cmplete it will change all of the previous progress to zero thus giving you a baseline (this is if you also remove the actual start and or finish dates).

Kannan CP
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

Hi Ali,

If you change all the percentage complete to zero (for the completed activities) in the current schedule( replanned schedule), the completed activities will be rescheduled with its original duration.

For eg: Activity was planned to complete in 10 days and actualy finished in 5 days. When you remove the % complete, it will be rescheduled with 10 days duration. There may be several activities like this. This could change the dates of the remaining sections of the replanned schedule (I hope there will be links between completed section and the remaining section).

I believe that the client wants to change the data date to the commencement date.

By the way what was the reason to replan the schedule? If it is Client delay (happened before the present data date) then the delay scenarios will be deleted by removing the actuals. In my understanding, if extension of time is agreed the revised baseline to be created from the current schedule and for the remaining percentages.

Regards

Kannan

Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 6 years 52 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Ali

Did your project already start? Are there actual percent complete greater than zero?

The first official BL is the first plan accepted by all parties. Life is hard, so frequently there are major differences between plan and current status of the project due to e.g. claims, delays, client's additional wishes, force majeure etc.

This will lead to a re-planning and a NEW, additional BL. In my opinion, if there is a common sense, actual percent complete may change as well. Mostly activities are added. This will reduce the weight of your current activities.

I would check the intentions of your client.

In anycase: Keep your first BL for further reference; current BL will be the new one.

Hope I understood your point correctly.

Good planning

Dieter