Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

reschedule and Problem with Previouse base line

No replies
Ali Haghjou
User offline. Last seen 9 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi

i want to describe my situation and have your idea if you where as me!!
recently i have rescheduled (re planning) project schedule and project duration is extended 8 months.the baseline duration was 16 months and now is 24 month. my problem is the owner request to change the previous plan!!!

he asked me to change all percent complete to zero so he could calculate new percent complete plan for previous months!!

and now i want to ask you professional guys!! is this request based on an academic basis!! is it the rule!! do you ever change your passed plan when you rescheduled your project!! i have worked 15 years in Project control and the procedure was this:

for example, know our project has 50% progress, the i will reschedule the project and make new base line from rescheduled project!

but how can i explain this when owner couldn't understand!!! is there any text that i can reference him to that???

please help me...