Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

varience BL-finish

4 replies [Last post]
Sunil Babu
User offline. Last seen 4 years 37 weeks ago. Offline

Helo Friends,

When I scheduled a project I found an activity with finish  date jun15 and  as of may 1st datadate it is showing -212 d varience in BL-finish , actual % complete of that activity is 95% why that activity showing -212days of delay..?My question is

any mistake in selecting VARIENCE BL-FINISH in delay analysis ...is it correct? 

Regards

Sunil.

Replies

Sunil Babu

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for reply.

Sunil

Sunil Babu

Hi Raymund,

Thanks for your reply.

Regards

Sunil

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 32 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

Hi,

The discripancies maybe due to the wrong Planned Dates and/or the assigned Baseline.

As an advice..... When intends to Make a New Program as Baseline, do note of the following..

1. Make sure the Project Planned Start = Data Date
2. Make sure that all Activities Planned Start = Early Start = Start
3. Make sure that all Acitivites Planned Finish = Early Finish = Finish

Then the same program shall be used as the current program for monitoring.

Daniel Limson
User offline. Last seen 4 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Sunil,

check the details and see what is pushing that variance to -212d delay, it may just be accidental error in your update.