Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

number of days/Productivity norms

14 replies [Last post]
Vrinda M
User offline. Last seen 3 years 38 weeks ago. Offline

What is the value of Bulk excavation per day ??

Anybody having productivity norms for substructure activities shoring,piling,earthworks etc???

Regards
Vrinda.

Replies

Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 4 years 42 weeks ago. Offline

Milinde made this offer 4 1/2 years ago. I'm locking this thread to avoid any more "me too" replies.

Muthukumar Santh...
User offline. Last seen 10 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dear Mr.Milind Pandhare,

Sir, I am in need of producivity norms of equipments includes excavator, Dozers ,Showel ,Graders, transit mixers, rock breaker, rollers and cranes , other civil equipments .

producivity norms of civil manpower and structural manpower includes carpenter,fitter, mason, steel fitter,welder, rigger, all helpers. Pls send xcel format if you have ...,,,,

Muthukumar Santh...
User offline. Last seen 10 years 5 weeks ago. Offline

Dear Mr. Milind Pandhare,

Sir, I am in need of producivity norms of equipments includes excavator, Dozers ,Showel ,Graders, transit mixers, rock breaker, rollers and cranes , other civil equipments . 

producivity norms of civil manpower and structural manpower includes carpenter,fitter, mason, steel fitter,welder, rigger, all helpers. Pls send xcel format if you have ..........  

SUNIL THYPARAMBIL...
User offline. Last seen 7 years 30 weeks ago. Offline

Dear all,

Could any one have productivity norms for earthworks substructure activities shoring,piling,earthworks including storm line, sewer line, low voltage medium voltage etc. Please forward me to my email id at (use private message service)

Regards,

Sunil

vimal kumar
User offline. Last seen 6 years 40 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Milind, 

Could you please send me the details to vimalkc3@gmail.com

Biswaranjan Beher...
User offline. Last seen 7 years 4 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Milind,

Can you send me that file too @ biswaranjanbehera@gmail.com

Regards.

Vrinda M
Thanks,Milind,

My email is vrindamirchandani@yahoo.com.

Also I wanted some more info.....

There is a G+1 office building...
where GF is insitu slab

but 1f & roof slabs are Post-tensioned slabs...

What will be the construction for 1F & roof slabs,corewall etc in my programme as for Gf-Shuttering,Rebar,Concrete...
Please advise on P.T slabs...

Thanks,
Vrinda

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 1 week 4 days ago. Offline
Hi Milind

You should use the PP message service for this type of contact so send your email address to vrindra by that route.

Otherwise you will be subject to the usual feeding frenzy of "me too please".

Best regards

Mike Testro
Milind Pandhare
User offline. Last seen 8 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Vrindra ,
I have one excel sheet with
the Output rate for Excavators (Different Model )
Dozers ,Showel ,Graders sort of Earthwork Machinary
thease output rates are for Gulf region
email me on
i will send you that file
A D
User offline. Last seen 3 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
It depends on how many excavators u want to deploy and what is ur contract duration. Howver, as a thumb rule, if u r doing excavation for a trench and location is within UAE, then with a normal excavator of 0.5m3 bucket capacity, we consider 28m3/hr as standard productivity rate.

Check the drawings first. If depth is more, then apply some efficieny factor too.

You may please get book on Construction equipment management by peurifoy to study further. (Approx. AED 550/-)

Dewatering depends on the water table. Ur Consultants must have carried out geotechnical investigation. Get the report and check the water table and compare with ur drawings.
Vrinda M
I would like what is the amont of bulk excavation carried out per day,In this forum under the rates bulk excavation given as %.The total bulk excavation 14000 m3 how many days it would require.

Also please advise on dewatering,shoring whn it is carried out and hw many days it takes depending on which factors???

Thanks fr ur help
Vrinda
A D
User offline. Last seen 3 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
It’s all there under the rates section in this forum.

If u want anything else, plz do let us know

Ravi
Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 1 week 4 days ago. Offline
Hi Vrindra

Its not just the capacity of the digger - its also the haul away rate that has to be calculated.

This depends on:

Nr and capacity of the haul trucks - allow about 10% for bulking.

Haul disnce in Km * 2 for return * kph = turn round time

+ 10 mins each for load and tip = m3/hr for haulage.

This should be marginally shorter than the digger output so you have one truck waiting.

Best regards

Mike Testro
Milind Pandhare
User offline. Last seen 8 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
HI VRINDA
WHT NORM YOU REQUIRED