Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Types of activities in a turnaround project!!!

6 replies [Last post]
Michael Ojo
User offline. Last seen 15 years 29 weeks ago. Offline
Hi guys, i am pretty new to the industry and i need some help from you guys in the oil and gas sector.

Can you please give me an example of activities involved in a turnaround for onshore platform? Project is corrosion control services in OML 124 Field onshore. Type of work is surface preparation,surface cleaning, blasting and coating.

Replies

Michael Ojo
Samer thank you so much! In your opinion, would you say detail activities under each resources(design,process,engineering and so on)for this type of turnaround project could be up to 1000?
Samer Zawaydeh
User offline. Last seen 5 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Mike,

Yes, I have 10 years in the steel industry. 4 in the extra heavy steel structures. We have done numerous projects for a number of industries and each will have its own requirement.

The high level process is the same, but the details depend on the type of application.

I would be glad to assist at any time.

Best,

Samer
Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Hi Samer

That was a brilliant response - I get the feeling you have done this before once or twice.

Best regards

Mike Testro
Samer Zawaydeh
User offline. Last seen 5 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,

For surface preparation you will need to determine type of surface preparation according to SSSP;

a) Surface Preparation
Sa2 (using mechanical hand held tools)
Sa2 1/2 (using blasting)
Sa3 (using blasting to a white metal degree)

b) inspection
You will need to determine the profile of the surface that you need.

c) Coating.
1) Confirm the coating requirement per project specs.
2) Confirm that the paint material is within validity period.
3) Start using the material; using coats between 50-100DFT each.
4) Take the Wet Flim thickness and DFT for each coat and record it.
5) Upon achieving required DFT, ask for inspection by client. Repeat the above until it is approved by client.
6) Mark and ship the material.

Let me know if you need more information.

Good luck,

Samer
Michael Ojo
Oliver thanks for that reply. I was thinking more of activities under each dept/resources. The activities you link together before you run the schedule. Does it make sense?
Oliver Melling
User offline. Last seen 4 years 29 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: The GrapeVine
You’ve already said what type of activities you require....

surface preparation,surface cleaning, blasting and coating