Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

CA Clarity

10 replies [Last post]
Douglas Young
User offline. Last seen 14 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi - Has anyone heard of CA Clarity, it’s a project management system from the states. The company here (iberdrola) are rolling it out, but we don’t have much in the way of training details or help manuals.

Has anyone out there used this system,do you have an opinion on it’s capabilities and does it interface with MS Project. thanks

Replies

Douglas Young
You open the projects in clarity - it then translates to project or worknench, when saved it feeds back to your clarity data, easy. You can open multple projects and schedule. There’s some peolpe on this forum, who appear to beexperts in everything, even when don’t have the system, gies a break.
Hi Mimoune,
I understood Douglas that it does not schedule but uses MS Project or Open Workbench.
If so it is a reporting and analysis tool.

Besides, for portfolio management it is necessary to be able to reschedule the whole portfolio considering portfolio constraints. For this task MS Project will not help.

Best Regards,
Vladimir
mimoune djouallah
User offline. Last seen 4 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
thanks very much for your reply, the company i work for is rolling up ca clarity to manage their portfolio of projects (i read that in a press release, google news ;), now i am downloading OWB, i hope the scheduling capabilities live to the hype !!

thanks again.
Douglas Young
Hi - Clarity is a portfolo management tool. It manages all your projects, from costs, resources, risks, issues etc. it also opens up open workbench or project for scheduling if needed, and interfaces with SAP financials if required. Can be cumberum at the start, but you get used to it - good luck
mimoune djouallah
User offline. Last seen 4 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
please any one has a good resource about CA clarity !
is it a scheduling package like Primavera or ms project !

thanks in advance
Joao Ribeiro
User offline. Last seen 5 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
Just because you mentioned iberdrola.
Cheers.
Douglas Young
Thanks Joao, Yes I am with Scottish Power. How did you know?
Joao Ribeiro
User offline. Last seen 5 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
You can go to www.niku.com. Are you with Scotish Power?
Douglas Young
Dieter, I believe CA Still sell this product. Thanks anyway
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 1 week ago. Offline
Hi Douglas
Many years ago I’ve heard of it. It was mainframe-based. I don’t believe, CA (Computer Associates) still sells it today. About 2 years ago CA purchased the almost bankrupt company Niku, who had a tool for resource planning and later they called it project management. Niku was strong in CRM. That’s the origin of their resource planning. As far as I remember, it is completely web-based.
May be British Telecom was a customer - I’m not sure.
Regards

Dieter