Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6 Revision History Summary

4 replies [Last post]
Kevin Smart
User offline. Last seen 19 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

We recently moved to P6 R18 from R8. 

Does anyone know of an available revision summary document that would list the significant changes with each rev ... from an end user standpoint?

Much thanks for any help.

Replies

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 12 hours 11 min ago. Offline

Subtle changes such as adding holydays to calendars can substantially impact the critical path, better you know all changes and by who.  A good audit tool will warn you about ALL changes.

Logbook

Santosh Bhat
User offline. Last seen 1 year 3 weeks ago. Offline

Kevin,

I think you want to know the differences in the versions of P6, not the differenes in schedules?

What you want is the Oracle Cumulative Feature Overview - https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E80666_01/helpmain.htm?toc.htm?53914.htm

It's an excel spreadsheet that lets you enter one version and then another and it spits out a listing of all the differences between versions and is applicable to P6 EPPM and P6 PPM as well.

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 12 hours 11 min ago. Offline

I am not a P6 user but expect most tools to include some form of auditing as well as file versions comparison.

Bian Mutang Tagal
User offline. Last seen 1 year 30 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Kevin, 

In P6 R8 there is a built-in function Claim Digger which will list down the differences between two project files. Starting from P6 R8.4 onwards Claim Digger has been renamed to Schedule Comparison and can be found under Tools>Schedule Comparison. 

Patrick Mullen here runs a website onlline (https://jobsessions.com/tool/compare) which performs the same job for free, except that the output is a lot easier on the eyes compared to Schedule Comparison, plus there is a nice summary dashboard.

Edit: My bad I just realized you were asking for an example document

Hope that helps.