Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Mix summary and detail activities on a graphical report without overlapping jumbled letters next to the summary bar and keep tex

2 replies [Last post]
John Reeves
User offline. Last seen 8 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
Groups: None

Mix summary and detail bar description names - without a jumbled typo line next to the summary bars.  I guess I could create a custom column and have it blank for WBS items that I will roll-up but I assume there should be a way without the extra step that someone have figured out...

Replies

John Reeves
User offline. Last seen 8 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
Groups: None

I meant in P6 Primavera Ver 8.x

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 1 week 3 days ago. Offline

Hi John

Work on a spreadsheet with the text in different columns and you can concatenate the cells into one text string.

such as:

B3&C3&D3

If you need a text diveder such a a space or - then put this into cell B2 and the concatenation would run:

B3&$B$2&C3&$B$2&D3

This formula can then be coppied down the spreadsheet.

I use concatenation to create text strings for delay analysis reports.

Best regards

Mike Testro