Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Revision History Box?

7 replies [Last post]
Gordon Blair
User offline. Last seen 6 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Am just about to do my conversion from P3, and one of my colleagues has informed me that P3e doesn’t give you the option of putting a Rev History Box in the Footer in Page Set up.
Is this true?
Thanks in advance,

Gordon

Replies

Oscar Wilde
User offline. Last seen 16 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
now i have the full page look charlie
Mario Sanvitale
User offline. Last seen 12 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
Yes you are!! It was a revision at 4.0, when the whole P3e printing facility was updated. Sounds like an honourable draw to me . . .
Gordon Blair
ummm... in his defence, I’ve opened up the print preview of another colleague’s P3e (v.4.1) to find the nice revision history box .... there’s lovely..
.. but on opening the original fella’s copy (v.3.5.1) there is no corresponding Rev History option, is it a feature upgrade on 4.1 and not an option at all on 3.5.1?
Am I going to have to apologise for my earlier fit of violence? :o(
Oscar Wilde
User offline. Last seen 16 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
day 3
Mario Sanvitale
Gordon, you can tell him it’s covered on day 3 of the basic P3e training course!!
Gordon Blair
Mario, many thanks for your prompt and reassuring reply...
am just off to dangle the miscreant out of the window (admittedly, some of the impact will be lost by dint of being on the ground floor, but it’s the thought that counts)
Mario Sanvitale
Gordon, your colleague is incorrect, Primavera has revision boxes in the footer for reports, they can be defined in any of the three footer positions.