Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Primavera P6- duration in the summary bar not match with start and finish dates

1 reply [Last post]

Please, I have a problem that the duration in the summary bar not match with start and finish dates. I checked the planned start and planned finish dates with the start and finish dates, and found that are same, but the summary duration wrong when I manually calculate the calendar days.

summary_duration.png

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

this depends on which version you are using if you are usin 6.2 then Summary duration is calculated as the time between the earliest Start date of the included activities to the latest Finish date of the included activities according to the Global default calendar.  When multiple activities are included in a band, the summary duration is rarely equal to the longest activity duration unless all the activities occur simultaneously and the activity calendar assignments are all set to the Global default calendar.

if you are using 7.0 and above then 

In a single project, if all activities under a particular grouping are using the same calendar, the summary band will calculate duration based on that calendar.

or 

In a single project, if activities under a particular grouping are using a different calendar, the summary band will calculate duration based on the Project Default Calendar, set under Enterprise, Projects, Defaults tab.

its probally using the default calendar